Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

For Our Dear Andrew Kay Davis

It was one fun Saturday afternoon in 2007 when Andrew Davis introduced me to blogging. While he was patiently teaching me the ways of the World Wide Web that afternoon, the rest of the family was engrossed playing the classic Nintendo Super Mario. The popular tune of the game along with the goofy hecklings and laughter of my husband and sister-in-law and the kids enlivened our small condo unit. It was one spontaneous afternoon when I didn’t care how loud everybody was, how unruly the cables, cartridges and throw pillows were on the floor. This is perhaps one of my fondest memories of Andrew, happily together with my sister-in-law and their kids.  It was that afternoon when I created Butterfly Connection, my first blogsite, this blogsite. I dedicate this special entry to Andrew, a giant with a fun-spirited, gigantic, giving heart.


Towering 6’5”, Andrew was a fun giant even to my own daughter.  Following along with her cousins, my daughter would ask Andrew to lift her up to flip and fly through the air. “Me too, me too, Uncle Andrew!” she would ask. Only Andrew could do that exhilarating toss, high up to the ceiling! Our family gatherings weren’t over until Andrew joined us from one of his long shifts as an RN. Regardless how tired and sleep deprived, Andrew would keep up with long conversations on any topic. At many of our family parties, he would give me a long tutorial on ebay, google adsense, godaddy and many others. He encouraged me to keep writing. He gave me a book on how to create a home business with my craft projects. With my health issues, he would give me a thorough explanations of my symptoms and treatment options which none of my doctors ever could! Well, he said, “your doctors can only give you thirty minutes of their time at the most while I was able to talk to you for – two hours!” Priceless!


As the years passed, I saw less and less of Andrew. Regardless of circumstances and decisions made, we missed him in many family gatherings. Our family loves Andrew Davis.  I could only mutter to myself, “It’s weird, Andrew is not here.”  Although he may have been asleep, tired or late for dinner, it was not the same without Andrew.


Just this past Monday, my husband went in my office while I was working and shared the sad news – Andrew passed away from a tragic accident.  I burst into tears, shocked at what seemed so unreal. We just love Andrew. Memories of him and worries for the young children he left behind raced through our minds. For the first time, I saw my husband so saddened, worried and upset for the loss of Andrew Davis.


I am not exactly sure how to end this entry. I am at a loss for words of how to tie all this together while I have so much to say about this cool, cool guy who left us too soon. I just wish there would have been more time. But indeed, life is too short. May this be a comfort to all of us, from the Book of Alma 40:11, “Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men ... are taken home to that God who gave them life.”


In heaven, we shall soon see you again. Rest in peace, Andrew – our dear friendly giant. 
Andrew and Family



Kelsey's baptism


Debbie, Kelsie, Aidan, Morgan, we love you dearly. Our deepest condolences to the Davis'.

Obituary
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?pid=167462683

Guestbook
http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/saltlaketribune/guestbook.aspx?n=andrew-davis&pid=167462683#sthash.0yuZKO7L.VbUHeaZD.dpbs

No comments: