Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hooked on Twilight

I can't take it off my brain.

After finishing the first novel of the twilight saga, I was engulfed in madness, anxious to know what happens to the characters after the "blood incident" at Bella's birthday party at the Cullens' as the helpless character, Bella narrated ... " I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm -- into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires ." I could not contain the intense possible turn of events as I imagined them in my mind. I was tossing and turning in bed last night. And this last part of the book kept popping up in my head but could not progress furthermore to my disappointment. So I woke up, earlier as I normally do, intrigued to the continuing chapters. I went to the Twilight Fan website to ease my restlessness. With great reviews and open view of the chapters of the next sequel, at least, I can get on with my day now.

Yes, I am weird. The last time I was like this was after watching Lord of the Rings. However, the movie was so good that I didn't bother reading the books; afraid I might get too bored or anxious to follow through the writer's vivid descriptions of every little detail when I already saw the beyond-my imaginary-creation-can-behold Motion Picture. After watching the final sequel of Lord of Rings, I even dreamed for three days -a story somewhat of the same nature ... an epic, with characters with super powers, and scenes beyond this world can describe. I even outlined a story out of it and I was even able to narrate them to the kids I used to babysit. They were glued on their spots while I was telling them the story I had carefully extracted for it to make sense. I could write a good book with it but I wish I had the creativity of Stephenie Meyer to give justice to the vividness of the images, the complexity of the characters and the plot material portrayed in my dreams that could not shut up in my brain for weeks. That was 3 years ago though. I am over it now. I don't know if this is good or bad.

Over my brief surfing in the net, I found these great sites which for me, gave some dose of relief to ease my troubling, restless brain over my new madness. I recommend them to a new fan like me. I hope this will calm you down.

Stephenie Meyer, the Author

A Twilight Saga: A Review by Stephanie Sharp - I love her review and commentary and her write-up is fabulous.

Fan Made Trailer - This the best fanmade trailer I saw and now I realize I am not mad, after all. Isn't this cool?

No comments: